maandag 30 mei 2011

New toys...

...are sweet.

Well, it's not exactly a toy. It's the new Mudbox and 3DS Max and Maya Combo. the are all setup so they are more or less integrated.

The most awesome new tool: bones in mudbox. you can either import them from a .FBX-file or place them directly in Mudbox. These bones allow you to (obviously) pose models in Mudbox, allowing you to sculpt dramatic poses with much greater ease.

Another great feature is the option to export and import files on the fly between mudbox and maya/max. That should cut down on production times :).

The bones work surprisingly well. looking forward to playing with them some more.

I also installed Max 2012. It's supposed to have MASSIVE performance increases, but so far, I haven't noticed any staggering improvements. this could very well be due to crappy hardware on my end. Most of my gear is about 4 to 5 years old.

In short, I am highly impressed with the new features in Mudbox and I can't wait to start trying out some of them more throughly. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten