dinsdag 28 mei 2013

Dreams...

...are amazing inspiration.

I rarely remember dreams and when I do, they are rarely worth remembering.
This dream though was very much worth remembering. In fact, it wrote it down. The dream revolved around the concept of immortality. Specifically the concept of immortality through technology and the implications it might have.

From a plaything of the rich to a universe traversing super intelligence, this dream spanned billions of years. From slightly into the future to the end of this universe. It was trippy to say the least.
What emerged was a 2 page short story, the first one I've ever written. The overarching feeling I had with this dream ,was the meaninglessness of time, once you become immortal. Time become utterly irrelevant.

The story tells a tale of civil upheaval, a quantum shift in the human condition, galactic expansion and transcendence into an entirely new form of being.

Regardless of what I end up doing with this little story, it will serve as a great source of inspiration. I also feel like I now know who authors get the ideas for truly epic books like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.

Dreams are amazing. I wish I would remember them more often.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten